60-Second Film Contest
We challenged Bay Area dance and video artists to send us 60-second video clips which demonstrate the key concept behind the festival: how dance "ANIMATES" space, bodies, minds... The first and second prize winners were: Scotty Hardwig for "Field Clip" and Roxanne Gray for "Collage." The $100 audience prize also went to Roxanne Gray for "Collage." Many thanks to all the participating artists for their incredible work.
The selection panel for the film panel was:
TARA PILBROW Director, Animate Dance Festival
JILL RANDAL Artistic Director, Shawl-Anderson Dance Center
RACHEL CAMPOS DE IVANOV Assistant Director, Animate Dance Festival
FIRST PRIZE $200
RUNNER UP $100
AUDIENCE CHOICE $100
Deadline for submissions May 15, 2018 5pm
Selection of first and Runner Up Prize May 21, 2018
Deadline for votes for Audience Choice July 1, 2018 5pm
Selection Audience Choice award July 2, 2018
Terms and Conditions
1. All applicants must live and work within the San Francisco Bay Area
2. The artist confirms that submitted short film is an original work, and is the sole property of the applicant(s)
3. The artist confirms that he/she has obtained and holds all the required rights to his/ her film (including but not limited to rights for music, still photographs and 3rd party choreographic works)
4. The artist grants the organizer and its assignees the right to use and distribute the film from the date on which the nomination or prize is announced to a maximum of two years.
5. The artist guarantees that the film(s) submitted by him/her do not violate international laws of civil rights, hereunder does not discriminate against race, sex, religion, age, previous condition of servitude, physical limitation, national origin, and in some instances sexual orientation.